Inside the Garage: Saying Goodbye to Winter
The aftermath of winter may be a garage with additional mess and clutter, including sports equipment, residue from salted winter roads, and muddy boots. However, rather than closing the door on the chaos, make a plan to clean your garage. And once you’ve cleaned out the winter mess, here are some storage tips for maintaining your garage for maximum efficiency.
- Use plastic, lidded storage bins instead of cardboard boxes to protect stored items. Cardboard absorbs moisture, attracts pests, and deteriorates over time.
- Since bags can burst open and spill, transfer contents into plastic containers (pet food, sand, plant food).
- Create low-level storage with shelves, drawers, or baskets so kids can manage their own things like sports equipment.
- Store seldom-used items up high; keep what you use most often within easy reach to eliminate constantly shifting things around.
- Keep the floor clear. Bulky items like camping tents, holiday decorations, and lawn furniture can be stored in overhead storage racks. Garden tools, even a wheelbarrow, can be hung on versatile slatwall.
- Purge, purge, purge! Get rid of items you no longer need or want. Donate or sell what is in good condition and throw away the rest.
A clean garage contributes to your whole house staying cleaner by eliminating tracked in dirt, oil, pollen, and anything else that could stick to the garage floor or your shoes. An unfinished concrete floor makes it almost impossible to keep your garage clean. Surface cracks and crevices attract and hold dust and dirt, and its porosity retains moisture that can facilitate the growth of mold and bacteria, creating an unhealthy environment. Investing in a low-maintenance floor for your garage is key to maintaining a clean space.
An easy-care custom garage floor from PremierGarage of Knoxville keeps your garage cleaner with surfaces that resist spills and moisture, as well as reduce dust and dirt buildup. Backed by a multi-year warranty, the proprietary polyaspartic flooring provides durable elegance while eliminating stains, cracks, chipping, and peeling. The slip-resistant surface is available in a variety of UV resistant colors, and stands up to years of hot tires, stains, and dropped tools.
With competitive pricing without sacrificing quality, PremierGarage also provides excellent customer service. The company and its employees are committed to customer satisfaction to help you make your garage spring ready!
PremierGarage powered by Tailored Living