Consignment Success Tips
Getting the Biggest Bang for Your Buck at Next To New!
If you are new to consignment, here’s how to make the most money with your consignment goods. Consignment shopping has been growing in popularity for years, and there is money to be made with these tips on how to make the most of your consignment experience at Next To New.
First, check your closet for merchandise that you no longer wear. Ask yourself, “Would I buy this again now?” If you answer no, consider selling these items yourself or donating them to charity.
The condition of the item and the original purchase date are key points. You may have a terrific suit with the original tags, but if you bought it 10 years ago, today’s savvy consignment customer will likely pass it by.
Before visiting your consignment store, check your items closely for any defects. A “pull here” or a “snag there” reduces your chance for success.
Make sure your items are cleaned or dry cleaned as necessary. All clothing should be pressed and presented on hangars. Customers will reward you for your efforts.
If you love it, just keep it. This should be an emotion-free business opportunity.
Here are 10 important things to consider when consigning:
1. At Next To New, we carry all major mall brands and all boutique designers.
2. Familiarize yourself with the brands the consignment store carries.
3. Consign items in season.
4. Consign best-selling sizes: For women, it’s sizes 10-16.
5. Consign designer accessories in any size.
6. Consign popular brands or classic brands that stand the test of time.
7. Bring a minimum of 20 flawless items (no missing buttons, stains, cleaned, pressed, and ready to sell) for the store to consider.
8. Accept the truth about the market value of your merchandise.
9. Next To New markets online, on local and cable TV, in magazines, and by email.
10. Our goal is to help you make as much money as possible.
Visit Next To New to learn more and to give your closet some much deserved breathing room. Our success is your success!
Next To New
7212 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919